Monday, February 14, 2011

Wuv, Twoo Wuv

If you've never seen The Princess Bride, go see it and you'll get my reference to it in the title!

So it's Valentine's Day (duh) and we're having a pretty good day here. While I'm thankful that I do have a love in the romantic sense, there's something about having kids that makes me think mostly of a different kind of love on this holiday--the kind of love between family and friends. Can't imagine life without it! I am very thankful to experience lots of love in my family and Matt's family!! The kids and I celebrated that love a little bit this morning. I gave Julia a little ball, which she likes a lot, and the boys got to go on their treasure hunt.

Gray did not "get" the treasure hunt the first year we did it, nor was he grasping it all last year. This year he was still a little confused. I gave him his first clue and told him to look for the next little piece of paper. He said angrily, "No! It's not supposed to be a piece of paper!" I tried to explain that it would eventually lead to his treasure, but he still wasn't really tracking. His clue was, "Julia is ready for her milk and lunch!!" and he was supposed to go to her seat and find the next clue. It took much convincing to get him to go over there and a lot of hints before he found the clue. Then he gave me a look and said grumpily, "It didn't even have any milk." There were 10 clues and he started to catch on after a few more. Joshua LOVED every minute! Their treasure at the end was a box of sweethearts and for Gray, the Joker to go with their Batcave, and for Joshua, the Riddler. Lots of fun pretend play followed, which was great since I'm getting ready for our showing this afternoon!

One more thought for the day. I keep hearing and thinking about the word 'love' and how it says in the Bible that God is love. Something I keep coming back to is that even though a lot of people could care less about God, anyone who has known real love must have seen a little bit of who he is, kind of like how seeing nature shows us how God is so powerful and beautiful. God IS love. It's a hard concept, because we think of love as a feeling, and I still haven't quite figured out all that it means, but today I am very thankful for all of the kinds of love I get to experience!

**I have pictures from today but they aren't downloading, so I'll post those when I can.**

1 comments:

Jeannie said...

I laughed hard at this. At Gray. Love your kids!!

Post a Comment