Sunday, February 20, 2011

Good day sunshine...

...at least I think that's how the song goes. We spent almost the whole weekend outside and it was wonderful! We threw the frisbee, took walks in the woods, chased down Pogo a few times, sat on the porch and read, played with the football, etc etc. And I took no pictures so sorry for that. I seem to keep posting either lots of words and no pictures or many pictures and no words. I'll get it together one of these days!

Yesterday morning we left Julia with Matt's mom and the rest of us spent the morning at the Duke football stadium doing a team workout with the gym crew. The weather was perfect and team workouts are always more fun in my opinion, so it was a good time for all. I think I'm on my third week "back" (as in back to CrossFit) though I've been going very easy except Saturdays. I've been sore a good bit and every time I do something difficult I think of how I don't like to exercise one bit, but when it's over, I'm thankful Matt has encouraged me to be healthy and I do feel a lot better.

And speaking of fun times, Matt and I tackled the taxes last night. He started the gym corporation last year, so it was the first time doing taxes for that and we weren't very prepared. I think it took us almost an hour and a phone call to H & R block just to figure out which program to use! Finally we got going and I realized my record keeping could have made the process so much easier (lesson for this year!). At 11, we quit for the night and will have to take it up again tomorrow. So far looks like we'll get some money back, but I don't have enough experience to know if the stuff we haven't filled out yet could affect that. While I looked for papers for Matt, I did a lot of cleaning out and organizing, which is always a plus.

Nothing too much on the agenda for this week. Still holding my breath and waiting for more sickness. So thankful that we've been healthy these last few weeks. Hope the same for all of you and have a good week!

3 comments:

Gene said...

It was a beautiful weekend. Played golf Saturday and even went out to Springfield and played the last 4 holes Friday morning by myself. It was just too pretty not to be out there. Have fun finishing your taxes.

Jeannie said...

Taxes.. yuck. Good luck! Any new news on Pogo these days?

What do Joshua & Gray do during the team workouts?

Holly Crabtree said...

Nothing new on Pogo. The boys and the other young kids that came just played ball. They seemed to have fun, though Joshua claimed he did not because he was mad that he didn't get to stay at Nanny and Pa's like Julia.

Post a Comment