So after several "we have a showing in two hours" flip outs, I'm trying to be a little more prepared. For awhile, I sort of forgot that we could have someone look at the house since no one called for a month or two, but then we got a few calls in January and I started waking every morning thinking, "Will I get a call in a few hours that will change all the plans I have for today and send me in a cleaning frenzy?" So I feel like I need to always be ready.
I'm learning things like how if the kitchen is dirty, I feel like the rest of the house is even dirtier than it is. I now try to clean the kitchen and floors every morning after breakfast so if I get that call, I don't feel as overwhelmed. The other thing I've learned is when I see a mess, I need to clean it right then--or have the boys clean it right then. That one doesn't happen as much as it should, but it does help not to procrastinate. It's hard to be motivated, considering we've had only 4 showings since the end of summer. Actually I can only think of 3 at the moment so maybe the 4th was the one that wanted to come when we were sick. Anyway, I guess no matter how many showings we have, there will only be one buyer, so it's actually preferable to have only 10 showings and 1 buyer than 40 showings and still 1 buyer. I will still probably freak out the next time we get a showing, which always seems to be only a few hours notice, but maybe I'll be a little more prepared next time!
And speaking of "always ready", it's Matt's gym motto or whatever you call it and I'm finally starting to get that feeling that I need to find a way to work out again. Matt offered to put together a list of workouts I can do at home during nap time, which is really my only option. So far this week I've done one spontaneous 4 minute workout that Matt sprung on me when we were outside. I do know now that starting CrossFit after a long break can kill you, so I paced myself...and still struggled to walk down the stairs for the next few days. Saturday Matt is arranging for his parents to babysit so I can actually go to the gym (thanks, Barnette and Cindy) and I'm a little wary since I haven't worked out in front of anyone in 2 years (yikes) and I'm going to be sooo weak and slow, but I am looking forward to meeting some of our members. I don't even think I've met half of them! So we'll see how the new plan goes. I think it will be tough to use my precious naptime to work out instead of get stuff done, but I'm going to give it a try because I just don't see my "I have a newborn" excuse holding up much longer:)

4 comments:
You know we are doing "Murph" on Saturday?!? Welcome back!!! :)
Perhaps we could arrange another day for me to keep the kids while you workout. I hate for you to forgo some naptime for either you or the kids. Please let me know!
that's another day in addition to saturday!
Go you!!
PS Send me the easy 4 minute workouts... it's a struggle here too!! :)
Post a Comment