Friday, February 4, 2011

Beating the Winter Blahs

It was so nice having a warm day Wednesday, but the cold yesterday and today has had us feeling a little blah. Here's what we've been doing on these long, cold, days inside:


The boys made up a pretend game called "camp out", where they go bring a bunch of stuff onto the guest bed and hang out, reading books, playing, and generally getting along! (woo hoo!) They did this for over an hour yesterday and that's what they're doing right now. Love this, especially considering how our week started with all the fighting. These moments are such an encouragement to my prayer life because I see change and hope!


I broke out the box of baby toys for Julia that I had put away when she outgrew them. "New" toys are always a hit, though the boys seemed to enjoy them more than her. She just wanted to get in the box and then was back to wanting me to carry her around.


"New" shoes! Julia has been obsessed with shoes this week. Somehow I think this is only a sign of what's to come:) She wants to wear her shoes from the time she gets up until (and including) when she goes to bed. I have to hide them at the end of the day if I want to avoid a flip out.

Also, I got some of the balls out of the garage that we never play with since Pogo would tear them up. Julia has been very into balls lately--or at least talking about them--so I figured this would be a good boredom buster. Again, the boys are having more fun with them than her, but she likes them too. Hope you can understand her saying her two favorite words, shoes and ball, in these movies. She actually sounds like she says "green ball" in one of them (she does NOT know her colors, so just coincidence) and "big ball" many times, which I'm not sure if that's really what she's saying or not, but it's probably going down in her notebook anyway:)



4 comments:

Marilyn said...

Holly, your baby girl is growing up!! She's adorable... and so blessed to have TWO big brothers to grow up with :))

Jeannie said...

I know I always say this but I love her voice so much! Joshua sounds so grown up in the first video!

Holly Crabtree said...

Thanks, Marilyn. I love her voice too, Jeannie:)

Cindy said...

Love your post! Great to hear the boys like camping out together! What fun. Ya'll seem to be making the most of the indoor play on these rainy days. Looking forward to having the kids over tomorrow. You & Matt take your time & enjoy taking advantage of having a babysitter! Just a reminder that Jackson is hoping they can come over Monday when he's here too!

Post a Comment