Again, no pictures to share, but we have had a good weekend so far. I don't think we did much of anything Friday, but Saturday morning we got everyone up early (how in the world you parents wake your kids up every day is beyond me!) and headed in the 30 something degree downpour to drop the kids off with Matt's parents so I could go to the gym with Matt. Our workout involved running outside and I was starting to feel like Cindy and Barnette had the better end of this deal! But it was fun to be a part of the gym for a day and to meet some of the clients and lo and behold, by the time it was my turn to workout, the rain stopped and it was not as bad as I imagined. I am definitely super sore today and my suspicions that I am totally weak were very much confirmed, but I was glad to spend the morning with Matt and get a workout. It sure does feel good to work hard right after you finish!
We had another family event last night. We went to Matt's sister's house for her twins' 5th birthday party. It was relaxed and fun, but we didn't get to stay long due to a certain tiny creature's crankiness. I know before too long Julia won't be a baby anymore and we'll have a lot more flexibility, so I didn't mind so much.
And we have more things coming up to look forward to...going to Matt's parents' to watch the game tonight and during the week, a few opportunities to play with cousins and friends, plus a visit from Mimi and GrandGene coming up, and celebrating Valentine's Day. (Just praying not to be throwing up on this holiday like last year!) I love Valentine's Day! I don't know if I've always felt this way (like as a teenager when some of my friends were showered with gifts from boyfriends and I didn't have one!), but I do have fond memories of the day when I was younger. Exchanging valentines at school was always fun and then my mom would also always get us a little fun something for the occasion. I still have memories of a change purse in the shape of a heart, with water and glitter inside it that she gave me at the breakfast table on Valentine's Day one year. Random, but fun. One thing I think is great about Valentine's Day is that there's no pressure about the deeper meaning or combatting the commercialism....because it IS a commercial holiday anyway and it's just about showing love. So at Christmas, I'm always trying so hard to get the point across to the kids that it's Jesus's birthday and not about them and not about the gifts. And at Easter, same thing, and we don't even do any kind of Easter basket or gifts because it just seems too hard to make the connection to them and Jesus's death and resurrection. But then there's Valentine's Day where the meaning is plain to understand and we can just have fun giving a little gift and showing lots of love to each other! The last two years, we've gotten the boys a little gift and done a "treasure hunt" to find the gifts. I'm looking forward to doing that again this year. Well I need to do a few things before we head over to watch the Super Bowl. Hope you all have a fun and healthy week!

1 comments:
Glad you got to be a part of the gym sans kiddos! Happy everyone is feeling better & you have a fun week to look forward to. That beats having to stay inside all the time.
I didnt know you liked Valentine's Day. You made me kind of like it from reading your explanation, but typically I'm not a huge fan. Love the treasure hunt tradition. That's fun. Reminds me of when we had to find our Easter baskets.
Post a Comment