Thursday, February 3, 2011

How's that working out for ya?

So Matt's plan to take Pogo's electric fence collar off in order to keep him home seemed successful for a couple of days....and then he started running away again. Matt's taken to (affectionately) referring to him as "Bozo" instead of Pogo.

And then there was the incident Tuesday night. Around 3 am, I heard some crazy commotion in the laundry room, followed by Pogo whimpering, then silence. I struggled to wake up and figure out what was going on. I finally determined that the noise could be nothing except Pogo's crate rattling, then realized that he was quiet, then realized that may not be a good thing considering all the noise before and the fact that he was clearly distressed. So I finally got out of the bed and went to check on him. He had so rattled him crate around that it was now resting on top of one of Julia's little stacking cups. Who does that?! Also, his collar was stuck in the side of the crate and he had wiggled out of it, hence all the noise. So I fixed his crate and settle him down and went back to bed. About 5 minutes later, the rattling begins again. I decided he must just have had a sudden urge to pee or something (which never happens, but who knows) and let him out. Of course he ran away. Julia and I tromped through the woods Wednesday morning and found him at his other family's house. He willingly came home with us, but only stayed an hour or so before running away again and we haven't seen him since. We tried the usual drive over to the neighbors last night to pick him up and he typically comes running down their drive and hops in the car like we're picking him up from a play date, but last night he didn't come. I guess we need a new plan. Please come home, Pogo!

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Hope he comes back soon. Does he have a tag on him? I'd take /email a flyer to nearby vets or stores (put on your mailbox / nearby intersections) and give one to the animal shelter...but hopefully he will return very soon.

Holly Crabtree said...

He's back. I just went to the neighbors this morning and called him and he ran right past me all the way home like he was just waiting on someone to tell him to go home. Who knows how long he'll stay though.

Tricia F said...

wow, that dog is something else!

Jeannie said...

He is nuts. Always keeping you on your toes.

Our devil dog released his anals on our bed this morning :)

Holly Crabtree said...

Uh, gross!!

Post a Comment