Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The things they say...

Yesterday at lunch we were going over our ABC Bible verses. If you don't know what I mean, a long time ago, I made a book with a verse for each alphabet letter and I used to read it to the boys all the time. Just from reading the book to them, I've memorized all of them without trying and they used to know quite a few too. Yesterday, I realized we hadn't read it in awhile and they have forgotten quite a bit. It was too funny, though, to listen to them try to finish the verses with whatever words they could come up with. They were throwing in song phrases, prayers, and things I often say to them. The funniest was "K- Keep your tongue from evil." I said, "Keep" (no response) "Keep your tongue..." and Joshua said, "in your mouth!" I suppose that's a good thing to remember too, though not quite what the verse was getting at!!

Last night we were reading a story about how the religious leaders in Jesus' time were jealous of him. Joshua had some questions and Matt explained that they thought they could do good things and that would make them good enough for Jesus, but no one is really good enough for Jesus on their own. Joshua thought for a second, then looked at me and said very seriously, "Mommy is!" Yeah right!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment