Monday, September 7, 2009

Almost There

It was pretty hard to drag myself out of bed this morning to work out. Especially when Matt got up and then got back in the bed right before it was time for me to work out. But I did it. I have this goal of keeping up my (modified) CrossFit workouts 4 x a week until the 3rd trimester starts. Then I may set another goal, though I want to be particularly careful with the weights around the last month or 2 so I don't send myself into early labor. Anyway, this morning, I realized how close I am to my goal! Only 12 more workouts! This is so much better than I've ever done in a pregnancy so even if it doesn't keep my weight down (can't tell yet with that), I think I at least feel better and even with putting in the path this week, I was a little sore but didn't injure anything at all, which I think I can attribute to keeping up my fitness. Hopefully I won't wimp out and blow up at the end. It makes me a little nervous that the 3rd trimester includes both major eating holidays!!

On another note, it's often hard to get back to "normal" life after visitors leave or you return from a vacation. Mimi and GrandGene left at nap time yesterday and I wasn't sure how grumpy the boys would be for the evening, but it turned out to go well. First of all, I got to talking to Matt about the boys needing chests of drawers in their rooms and we ended up rearranging furniture and moving 2 existing ones in there. I always find it fun to reorganize and restructure our stuff! Then Matt suggested that we go to the park so we went and got some food and took it to the playground and ate. Of course it took Gray an unreasonable amount of time to swallow his chicken, but while I sat and watched his chubby cheeks chew, Joshua and Matt had a great time climbing all over the place. Thought it was interesting that Joshua wouldn't try half the stuff when he was just with me that he tried with Matt. Then Gray finally finished eating and enjoyed some time going down the big slide. He doesn't seem to have much fear of heights, though the boy still can't jump! We finished the night with a special trip to get ice cream. Fun!

Hope you have a good Labor Day. Hope work goes well, Daddy! I'll try to write more this week!!

3 comments:

Jeannie said...

haha I love that Gray still hoards food in his mouth. Glad that hasnt changed.

I wonder why Joshua tries more stuff w/ matt? What's your theory??

Jeannie said...

oh and by the way, GO YOU on the working out!! I'm impressed, even moreso being pregnant myself. You are putting me to shame (no comments, Hunter).

Gene said...

Work went well today. I surely do miss all of you. We had so much fun!

Post a Comment