Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Sad

The boys like me to read a devotion book at lunch and yesterday the story was about Jesus dying. We got into a discussion on death and Joshua said, "If you die, we won't have a Mommy." And then we were talking about something else and Gray said, "Mommy when you die, me and Joshua won't have a Mommy. We'd be sad. We will cry." Usually Gray doesn't participate much in the discussion after devotions and I guess because he still seems like such a baby, I always think he doesn't understand, so I was really surprised to hear him say that! Anyway, I reminded them of the truth--that we'd see each other in heaven and that our time in heaven is so much longer than our time on earth. Don't know how much they understood, but it seemed to satisfy them.

So not to end on a sad note, I'll tell you a little more about what we discussed. Joshua asked a lot of questions like, "Will there be clothes in heaven?" and "When will we come back to earth", but perhaps his most urgent need-to-know and deeply theological question was this:

"Are there potties in hell?"

Pretty sure the Bible is silent on that one.

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

aww that is so sweet though

love the potties in hell question!

Amanda said...

Hilarious!!

Post a Comment