Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Canasta!

We learned a new card game from the Crabtrees on Labor Day and really enjoyed playing it. You can play in teams or partners so Matt and I tried it last night, adapting a couple of sets of regular cards for the game. The only problem is no matter what I do, I can't seem to win or be on the winning team! Matt has some kind of gift for this game I guess! Is it strategy, luck of the draw, brains? I don't know. The first hand last night I even felt good about it and thought sure I was beating him. The score on that hand? 300-something for me and almost 1300 for him!! Anyway, it is a fun game and maybe one of these days I'll win!

2 comments:

Gene said...

I used to play with Mama at Bogue Sound a lot. It's been so long since I've played that I don't remember how to play. I do remember it being a fun game.

Stacy said...

I'm looking forward to winning some more games of canasta tomorrow!!!

Post a Comment