*BTW, for those who knew about Joshua's high fever last night, he is totally better tonight. Thanks to God for answered prayers, as I had no idea what this sickness may turn into and it has amounted to nothing significant at all!
Monday, September 21, 2009
A step in the right direction...
Well I've decided (with Matt's permission of course) that my next project (after the invisible fence) is going to be cleaning out more of our stuff to give away. I thought we were kind of done with that since I've cleaned out for moves before, but as I talked with Amanda and Jeannie and thought and prayed, I've noticed that we still have quite a bit of stuff we just don't need. I've been saving things (extra purses, serving dishes, toys, etc) that we never use and I just think MAY come in handy one day, but now that I really think about it, they aren't doing anything but cluttering our home. We have space here for all our stuff, but if we do move into a smaller house one day, it wouldn't all fit and besides--it just feels freeing to "live light", as Matt says. I just think if we make a habit of keeping around a bunch of stuff, we're just going to keep on accumulating more and more. So anyway, don't know if it will be as dramatic a purge as it should be, but I think it will be a good small step to detaching ourselves from things.

1 comments:
woohoo! have fun cleaning! And Yay for Joshua feeling better!
Post a Comment