We got to the library and there was a crowd out front. Turns out there was a library anniversary celebration today. We made it through the crowd with Julia in a sling and Gray in the stroller (so he doesn't run around while we check out) and Joshua holding the stroller. I always get lots of comments with this setup b/c it looks like Gray's younger than he is. I went to the elevator with everyone and then realized I had left my library card in the car so we went back out through the crowd and got the card. When we came back in, there was someone giving a speech that we had to cross in front of to get in the library. I know people wondered what in the world we were doing! Anyway, we ended up staying to hear a storyteller who was there for the occasion and it was great! I've always been afraid of storytime b/c I didn't think the kids would sit still that long, but the boys loved and and even Julia, tired though she was, just stared at the guy for the first 20 minutes. Anyway, nice surprise to get to do that today.
Next excitement: we have to leave by 6:45 in the morning to drive an hour to watch Matt participate in a triathlon. This is sure to be an interesting trip!

2 comments:
I feel you girl! :) Can't wait to hear about the triathlon!
Gray reminds me of the time that you and I took Joshua to the clinic in Rock Hill and then to the big house in Charlotte when he had the croup. Joshua was fighting the nurses and doctors. I even remember the nurse coming to give Joshua a pop sickle and he started crying, so I are the pop sickle. That was a long night. I can picture Julia staring at the storyteller.
Post a Comment