Friday, August 13, 2010

Interesting Day

Yesterday I got to do 2 out of the ordinary things...a massage and a ladies' meeting.

Last Christmas Matt got me a spa gift certificate, which included a massage, manicure, and pedicure. It was a really thoughtful (and expensive!) gift, which Matt assumed I would enjoy because he knew he would...or at least he'd love the massage. We aren't the same people, though, and instead of being super excited and scheduling the massage as soon as possible, I was nervous and dreading it and waited forever to make my appointment. Of course it isn't always the easiest to be away from Julia anyway, but I just had the feeling of going to a doctor's appointment instead of a fun, relaxing time. But I finally did it. It was definitely relaxing and I came out of the hour long massage in sort of a daze. I still couldn't quite shake the feeling of being at the doctor's, which I guess is due to the many times I've been to the OB in the last 5 years, and I definitely did not get over the fact that it was so expensive, but it was still nice to have some time away by myself and I really do appreciate the love that was Matt's motivation in sending me there! As I talked about with Matt afterwards, I really don't want to have a professional massage again. It's just not my thing I guess. I told him I would be just as happy with a free 10 minute back scratch from him and a nap! Next up is the manicure/pedicure. Thinking I may schedule that for my birthday. I expect I'll feel the same about this appointment (though I've never had a pedicure)--nice, relaxing, but too expensive. There's just something in me that is...well...cheap!!

Then after Matt got home from work, I was able to go to the Teacher Appreciation dessert at church. Great food and really nice to just have some time to talk to other ladies. I'm really enjoying getting to know the other ladies at church and since I'm co-coordinating the nursery this year, I think I'll have even more opportunities to do that!

Now back to a normal day today. Matt put up the for sale sign yesterday so I'm going around trying to clean things that I may have overlooked...like cobwebs in the corners. Don't think we've lived here long enough to have many, but I did see one yesterday so off I go to investigate the rest of the house....

3 comments:

Stacy said...

I think you'll really like the pedicure. I've had one - and probably my only- massage...didn't care much for it. Now pedicures are the best in my opinion. I love my feet to be rubbed and they massage them and from the knee down. Hope you enjoy it!

Jeannie said...

Amanda is a pedicure-lover, too. I bet you'll have fun, even if you dont want to go back. Better hurry & do it while it's still "feet" season! :) That was a sweet gesture, Matt.

Hope you're making some good friends at church. Just dont try to replace me. It cannot be done.

Amanda said...

Yes, love the pedicure (as long as they don't rub your bony legs too hard :) but feel the same as you, Holly, re: the massage. And manicures for me are just a waste, although I liked them b4 I had kids.
Oh & you can't possibly be any cheaper than me! Just ask Matt (my Matt, that is)!

Post a Comment