Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Is it really only Tuesday??

So normally time flies by around here but this week I keep thinking we're a day or 2 ahead of reality. Not that it's been a bad week or anything, but I think it's been just pretty uneventful...which everyone needs sometimes! Some of the "exciting" things we've done...Matt cut the grass, the kids and I went grocery shopping, I did a bunch of cleaning (and got ahead of schedule, what with the uneventfulness around here), the boys have played and watched their movies from the library, Julia has napped well and played well. See what I mean? Nothing out of the ordinary whatsoever. I probably shouldn't even be boring you with this post!

I did get some postcards printed to inform our neighbors about selling our house and I'm reading again, which I thought I'd never have time or energy to do again! So far I've read the 1st three books of "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" series. Yes, I realize I'm almost 29 years old with 3 children, but next on my list is a biography Jeannie recommended that did not come from the teen section in the library! Well Julia thinks she may not make it if I dont put her to bed this second so I better run...

3 comments:

Jeannie said...

wait, there's 3 Sisterhood books?? Does that mean another movie is on the way?!!

Are you talking about starting The Glass Castle??? I have another book for you- The Help, by Kathryn Stockett. Just finished it... sooo good!! I read it in 3 days & it's over 400 pages if that tells you anything (like, my husband is home & my house is dirty & I havent gone grocery shopping.. haha)

PS Sorry I couldnt talk longer this morning! Will call another time!

Holly Crabtree said...

There are FOUR Sisterhood books!! But the 2nd Sisterhood movie covers books 2-4 loosely, leaving out many of the storylines. I read that they were afraid that the actresses were aging too fast, so they just condensed to one sequel and there won't be any more movies:(

Yes, I started the Wall book yesterday and I think I'm halfway done now. I'll see if the library has the Stockett book when I go on Friday. Thanks!

Jeannie said...

Cant wait to hear what you think of The Glass Castle. Remember she has another one, too, Half Broke Horses.

Post a Comment