Me, reading a verse from a short story: The Bible says, "The son who obeys what he is taught shows he is smart." Gray, what can you do to show you are smart?
Gray: I don't know.
Me: Listen: The son who obeys what he is taught shows he is smart. So what can you do to show you are smart?
Gray: I can shine a flashlight on everything that's scary! (This came from him looking at a picture from another story.)
Me: No, listen to what this says: The son who obeys what he is taught shows he is smart. How do you show you are smart?
Gray: I can ride my skateboard. (There was a picture of a skateboard on the page.)
Me: Just listen to my words, Gray: The son who obeys shows he is smart. What can you do to show you are smart?
Gray: I can use a net to get that red ball! (Again, part of the picture on the page.)
Me: Gray, listen again: The son who OBEYS shows he is smart. How do you show you are smart? (I'm thinking, "In your case, obviously not by answering reading comprehension questions!!")
Gray: I obey!
Me: YES!!!
Can't wait till it's time to teach him to read...he is just off in la-la land and it is not going to be easy!

4 comments:
Never a dull moment with LG is it?
(giggle) :) Holly, you seem to have so much fun!
Hilarious-gotta love it! :)
So is Gray the airhead of the family? :)
Post a Comment