
Jeannie introduced me to an idea for a Christmas tradition called the Jesse tree. If you're interested, you can find out more info online, but for now, I'll just summarize that the main idea is to have a deeper understanding of Jesus' birth by remembering all the stuff that happened leading up to this time. Each night you read a story from the Bible that points to God one day sending Jesus and you hang an ornament that represents that story. You can read the scriptures right from the Bible of course, but the Jesus Storybook Bible is so fun for the boys and already ends each story talking about Jesus, so we're using the first 24 stories of it. I suppose I should get a special little tree for the ornaments, but we may have to use a wreath this year til I can find a tree on clearance. Some of the ornaments Jeannie and I made, some we found in storage, and some were made by my grandmother. Anyway, looking forward to starting this up in a couple of weeks. Think it will be fun for the boys and will help them always be able to connect the events of the Old Testament to the New, making for a more significant understanding of God's plan for us!

On another note, after a couple of days of rain and no picking up pecans, I had quite a few to gather. After about an hour, you can see in the picture how many I got...and that wasn't even all there was out there. More are in the trees as well, so we'll probably be picking them up for a few more weeks yet. This year, we did get a more advanced cracker that cuts down on the time, but it's still a lot of work. Hoping to be motivated enough to not let them go bad this year like last year when I just got sick of cracking them!
Finally, a side note...no croup for Gray! He sounded so convincing Sunday morning, but then after a few hours, I didn't hear any coughs and haven't since. Hooray for that! I've really been praying about our health, especially since we aren't getting any flu vaccines and with the pregnancy and all. Thankful for God taking care of us this far!
2 comments:
I've been praying for all of you to be healthy, too!
PS You should be making the pecan pie with all those pecans :) What are you going to do w/ all of those??
We're giving some away...to neighbors and the gym people. I'll bring some next week too, if I can remember.
Post a Comment