Wednesday, November 4, 2009
First Year
About a year ago we were getting ready to move in this house. Hard to believe it's been that long! It's been a relatively uneventful year for us, considering how eventful the previous 5 years were, but what amazes me as I look back is how much work we have put into this place. I could kick myself for not taking pictures of some of the land "before". We moved in to a totally unlandscaped piece of property, rampant with poison ivy, brambles, underbrush, and weeds. It's not perfect now of course, but it has come a long way. I can't say I've loved every minute of this country living, but on days like today and yesterday when I walk around the yard, enjoying the view and picking up pocketfuls of pecans, I'm thankful to be here. We want to be open to what God wants for us, so we're not sure whether we will always stay here or not, but for now, it's a great time of year to be where we are. Matt's finishing up his last time cutting the grass til Spring, there's not much to do in the way of taking care of the things we have planted, we don't have any major projects for outside on the horizon, and the trees, blue skies, and open fields are really beautiful. Speaking of which, time to get the boys outside to take in some sunshine! Have a good day!

0 comments:
Post a Comment