Tuesday, November 10, 2009

7 more weeks!

I was laying awake last night (after getting up to take Joshua to the potty, but that's another post...) and thinking how we're going to have a new baby in 7ish weeks! By now, I kind of know what it's like to welcome a new baby and it feels sort of like being at the top of the first hill of a roller coaster. It's been a slow climb and now you're looking over the edge knowing what's about to come and there's not much you can do to fully prepare! One day you're living your normal life that your family is accustomed to. Things may get hectic sometimes and you're probably uncomfortable at 9 months pregnant, but still- it feels right and you're used to it. Then you go into labor and before you know it, you're home with one extra person in the family. You've got this new little life depending on you, which is so exciting, but overwhelming and time-consuming. You're trying to get your house and family back to normal, but you can barely function, let alone reorder your life with a newborn around. Your body feels like a train ran you over and sleep is elusive. When your husband asks about dinner, you're most likely going to burst into tears. You wonder, "What just happened here?!"

Now some moms probably handle this time effortlessly, but I'm not usually one of those. I know that no matter what I do to prepare, this chaos is going to happen to me once that baby gets here! Of course I also know that after those first weeks, we'll settle down and life will seem normal again, but right now I definitely have that roller coaster feeling...on the one hand, I'm thinking, "I'm SO excited to get on with this!" and on the other hand I'm thinking, "Am I ready for what's about to happen?" One thing about roller coasters--the more you ride them, the more comfortable you get. Maybe the third time around will be a little calmer:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment