Sunday, June 27, 2010

We made it...

...through our crazy week. Matt and I agree that it was a total blur! Friday we finished up at VBS and then I went over to finish the painting job at the new gym. After that, we all went for a swim. Joshua is loving the water now and is doing really well at the stuff we've been working on, like going under the water to pick things up, holding my hands and kicking across the pool, and pushing off to me. I think with a couple more lessons, I could back away from him enough that he would be gliding a little ways. We have a playgroup this week at a pool, so we'll see how that goes with all 3 kiddos.

Yesterday we mostly hung around the house. Matt had the gym in the morning and then cut the grass. We all went out for pizza last night and I took pictures of the house throughout the day. We've decided we will tentatively try to sell the house ourselves in a couple of months and then if that doesn't work, we'll call on the real estate agents we had talked to. So we'll make a website and flyer, put a sign in the yard, and see what happens. Taking pictures of the inside of our house was kinda funny because I wanted to check this task off my list so much that instead of trying to straighten the whole house (which was a little disorganized since we were gone so much this week), I just went into a room, straightened it a little, and dumped the rest of the mess in the next room while I took the picture. You'd never know the difference looking at the pictures:) Last night after the kids went to bed, I went outside and took pictures of the exterior. The sun was setting, and with the grass just cut, the place really did look beautiful. Matt has started cutting just part of the yard close to our house so it only takes a couple of hours and there's really not that much yard work anymore, so if it wasn't for the money aspect and the opportunity to live 2 minutes from the gym, I know we'd be happy to stay here. I guess that's the thing about selling your house--you are making it look so good for buyers that you occasionally think, "Why are we selling such a great place?" I just hope there is a family out there that will think our house is a perfect fit for them. We shall see!

1 comments:

Tricia F said...

you can do a free video at viewthishome.com. that might help too. :) would love to see the pictures and the flyers

Post a Comment