Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Better
Well Gray had me worried yesterday. He had a fever and was doing weird things with his mouth and talking funny. I had read those were symptoms of epiglotitis, which is a severe problem where your epiglotis swells and stops you from breathing. Then he started talking normally again, but was a little out of his mind and acting like it hurt really badly when I moved him, which I read was a reason to go to the ER, though I never figured out what the underlying cause of that would be. Then kind of suddenly, he started asking for food and drink and then smiling and laughing (over nothing, which was kind of weird too!) and I felt his skin to find that his fever had broken. He went to bed around 9:30 and was even able to walk up the steps himself, whereas a few hours before, he couldn't hardly hold a cup he was so shaky. So today he's a little cranky and says his tummy hurts, but he's so much better. Who knows was this sickness was, but hopefully we've seen the last of it. I'm trying to keep Gray away from Julia, which is really tough because they are so touchy feely with each other, but who knows when he was/is contagious.

3 comments:
Weird...hope everything stays healthy!
I hope Gray is well and Joshua & Julia stay healthy too. Mrs. Burch mentioned that some of their grandkids had a high fever when they were at the beach. She didn't mention any other symptoms. He's in my prayers.
That sounds like a strange sickness. Glad he's feeling mostly better- good luck today!
Post a Comment