Friday, May 28, 2010

We're here!

(in Fort Mill, that is!) The boys and I arrived yesterday around lunchtime and it's been a busy trip already! We stopped by Daddy's office on our way in and saw some of his coworkers; my friend Emily (from high school) and her sweet little girl came over yesterday afternoon; my friend Deana (from Clemson) came over last night; and we spent today with Amanda, Carly, Jackson, and a little girl that Amanda watches. Julia has been wonderful and slept pretty well last night too. I am still feeding her one to two times a night and I'm pretty okay to continue with that until she starts eating a lot of other food. The boys have not been wonderful. They kept aggravating each other in the car, continued not getting along when we got here, had numerous fits (well, that's mostly Gray), haven't been very obedient, and stayed up till 10 last night! Yuck! But there is hope...they have been napping for the last 2 hours! Hopefully with a little rest, some of the behavior issues will diminish, though I'm working on having realistic expectations for them instead of being so discouraged at home and embarrassed in front of others when they aren't perfect.

Amanda and I were discussing today how we want our children to recognize their sin and strive to do the right thing, but we don't want to put on them the burden of perfection and give them some kind of a complex. No matter how good or bad of a job I do as their mother, they are just people and people cannot always do right. Anyway I think God is showing me how prideful I have been to think that I could do such a great job parenting my boys that they'd be little angels. I'm remembering the verse that says "It is God that works in you to make you will and work for his good pleasure." Think that means I can only be responsible for doing my best as a mother and the rest is up to God! That should be freeing, but think I still need some time to grasp that..And probably a few more situations of the boys behaving badly in public to keep me humble!

Anyway, I'm excited to see all my extended family tomorrow and of course to meet my sweet nephew Sawyer in just a few hours!! Can't wait! Have a good weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment