Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Check Ups!

Joshua and Julia had a checkup today. They were both quite overdo for one, but they haven't suffered as a result and it's been nice not to have a bunch of appointments. Thankfully we didn't get a lot of grief about this, which was surprising since when I called to make the appointment, the receptionist was lecturing me about Julia missing her 2 month and 4 month visits. So anyway, Joshua did his typical grumpy thing and would not talk to the doctor for anything. It didn't help that he had to get his finger pricked (which I didn't anticipate and I had told him that nothing would happen that hurt him!) and he told me in advance that he did not want to undress or lay down and he had to do both of those things. He hated that paper gown for some reason, even though it had cute fish on it. So the doctor asked him things like, "Do you like blueberries?" and "Do you have a tricycle?" and "Can you draw a circle?" and he frowned and said no to everything. It was quite frustrating to try to reassure the doctor that my child was normal, but then once she moved on to Julia, Joshua flipped a switch and started chatting away with her! Anyway, Joshua's sight, hearing, blood work, height, and weight are all very normal. Julia is fine too. Her weight is about average, but her height is 90th percentile right now. The boys have never been that high on the charts height-wise, though I don't think the measurements are that precise for babies, plus the nurse wrote down Joshua's weight incorrectly so she could have made a mistake with the height too. Anyway, for my first time taking all 3 to the doctor, it went pretty well. They wouldn't take all 3 kids in one appointment, so Gray has his next week and I think he's going to enjoy it. He was climbing and crawling all over the room, opening drawers, and wanting to participate in the exam. Next week should be interesting!

3 comments:

Gene said...

Glad they are fine.

Unknown said...

Let me know if i can join you in the fun!

Jeannie said...

Wow I cant believe Julia is 90th percentile. How long is she? Maybe she's getting Matt's height! I never think the measuring is precise either- I think one time Sawyer "measured" shorter at one appt than the previous which I just didnt think was correct.

Your boys have very distinct personalities! Cant wait to see who Julia takes after.. if either! What's your guess?

Post a Comment