Monday, January 4, 2010
We made it
Well I'm up feeding Julia at 11:30 and thought I'd update on our day. We had a few minor incidences: Gray pooped in his pants and since he wasn't wearing underwear, it went straight down the leg onto the floor...which of course coincided with Julia waking up and crying; Joshua slammed Gray's fingers in the door and it took quite awhile to calm him, though i think in part that was due to him just needing some extra snuggle time ever since Julia arrived (And to Joshua's credit, he was trying to get Gray out of my room where Julia was sleeping, though he should have let me handle it.); and then Julia woke up screaming this afternoon and had gotten poop all on her back and blanket...at the exact moment that the UPS guy was honking for me to come get a package. But all of these things really were minor and I know they are just part of daily life with kids and a newborn. We really did manage fine--I even got the rest of the finances and laundry done, had a short nap, and got in a few games of dominoes with Joshua while the others napped. I'm sure we'll have our tough days, but I think we're going to be alright:)

4 comments:
You go, girl!
What a day for you. Good thing you always seem to be calm and collected, even when things are a bit rough. Wish I was there to assist. (But not clean up the poop.)
Sounds like you handled the day really well! Also sounds like a normal day with kids. Without fail the doorbell will ring or UPS guy arrive in the middle of chaos! Never during calm!
Don't I remember those days....what fun! Only later does it become laughable-when you're in the moment, not so much :)
Post a Comment