Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Julia at 3 weeks
Thought I'd give an update on our little girl, who is 3 weeks old today! This week, Julia has started sleeping a little better at night, which has made my life a lot easier:) What's odd is that she was on a pretty regular daytime routine and was sleeping well for 3 or 4 regular naps, but this week that has ended. She is now much more unpredictable and not wanting to sleep at regular intervals. Somehow, I've still managed to have everyone down (or quiet) at the same time in the afternoon so I can take a quick nap. A lot of times, that means Julia is sleeping on the bed with me, which she likes much better than being alone in the bassinet! She is a pretty fussy girl and wants to be held most of the time. Even then, she has the typical cranky evenings where Matt and I end up taking turns trying to keep her happy. She seems like she's going to be a snuggly child to me. She can hold her head up well to look around when I hold her, but she often just likes to snuggle up against my shoulder. She likes her brothers and today she was screaming in her bassinet until Joshua came over and covered her up and stood beside her and then she just stared at him and was very calm. Anyway, in summary, Julia at 3 weeks is still a little hard to figure out, but despite the fussiness, I am really enjoying her!

3 comments:
I know that you are enjoying Baby Julia and the boys. That's quite a family that you and Matt have.
Daddy you're getting sappier as the years go by. :) just kidding.
That's really sweet that Joshua can comfort her!
Sounds a lot like the way J used to be when he was a baby...hope you continue to get some rest every day! That's important! :)
Post a Comment