Friday, September 9, 2011

A Message from God?

So I was just commenting on my sister's blog and the "word verification" code thing that I had to type in was "bathe". Is it merely coincidence that up until a few hours ago, my last bath was hmmm...Tuesday? I think not.

In other news, Joshua brought home his first homework from school. He has to write his name 5 times and do a coloring sheet. With the very pressing deadline of next Friday. Ha. He also had his first "consideration report" and we are none too happy about it. He got a "good" on behavior (as opposed to the preferable excellent) and on the "needs improvement" list, "working quietly" and "following directions" were both checked. Ugh! I know it's only kindergarten, but I was telling my mom the other day that I still remember getting called down for talking in kindergarten and that's most likely because it was the only time I ever got in trouble! So I expected no less from Joshua.

He won't tell us much about anything specific except that he thinks he was talking when he shouldn't have been. I guess the good spin on the issue is that I feared he'd be too shy to feel comfortable talking to any of the kids or teachers. That's obviously not a problem. In fact, he's added to the list of his friends. One is a girl that he won't tell me her name. Two others are Micah and Scott. And then we have Constantine and Sayid:) He's continuing to enjoy the multicultural guys in the class, which I think is great, but it also cracks me up!

I think next Friday I'll be going to his class for a "shape walk" around the school, so I'm interested to meet Joshua's new friends and hopefully their parents too. This schooling method is definitely putting us on the path to branching out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment