...for another post. I used to be so good about keeping up with this. Or maybe I just had more time or more stuff to write about. Or no one to talk to but the kids and the computer! For whatever reason, I have put the blog at a low priority so I'll try to catch up with the happenings around here a little bit now.
This week has been a little different since Barnette and Cindy are in Italy. It feels more like the old days I suppose, with many nights just being me and kids. Somehow I've gotten used to it and maybe because we are getting out more during the day, it doesn't seem like the burden it used to be to do the whole dinner, bath, bed thing by myself.
Yep, our days are definitely full and we are on the road way more than we used to be. It will be nice to live closer to Joshua's school, yet the kids are getting used to the travel time and I've quickly established a habit of praying together in the car every morning, which is not something we have been great about doing together at home. I often encourage Joshua with something about his day at school, like just doing one nice thing for one person, but he always says he forgot what I said once he got to school!
Surely something will one day stick with him, right? I wonder sometimes. Joshua has gotten into this habit of saying, "That's no fun!!" when I tell him to do something he doesn't like, give punishment, etc. I was talking to the boys about life being about so much more than having fun and asked them what the point of life was.
If you know me well, you know I'm not one to shy away from "lectures" as I've been teased about. I talk to my kids all the time about what life is about, about loving and serving the Lord and others, about heaven, about Jesus' example, about growing in character. Here's what I finally pulled out of them that they thought was most important in life:
Gray: "You always have to obey Mommy and Daddy."
Joshua: "Money. You have to have it to live."
Oh dear. I guess my words are going in one ear and out the other and my actions are showing them what I value most. In fact I do of course talk all the time about obedience and also about using money wisely, things being too expensive, etc. Wake up call to me to spend a little more time on the issues of the heart and a little less time on things like obedience and stewardship, which should be the outcome of a heart that loves Jesus.
So what else is new around here? I'll give an update on each of us and make the blog post them over the next few days so that it will seem like I'm updating regularly:)

0 comments:
Post a Comment