Sunday, March 13, 2011

Party Party!

We had such a nice day yesterday celebrating Carly's and Gray's birthdays. We began with a trip to see some horses and the kids had a great time trying to feed them grass and wild onions. It took my boys a bit to warm up to them (no shocker there), but by the end, Gray did try to feed the little pony. Got some great pictures anyway.

The guys...never did get one of just the girls.
Gray having his own dance party in the hay.
Love this of the pony teeth.
Notice my boys standing back, hands folded. If only they took this approach in other areas of life...like playing toys.
Joshua finally got involved as a grass picker.
Julia loved Amanda right away.
Matt tries to kiss Snowflake the pony:)
Gray finally feeds Snowflake.


After that, we went to the park for a picnic, followed by more play time (and a chance for me to visit with my sister!) at my parents' house.

Fun on the playground!
Julia cautiously takes in this new environment.
She loves to swing!
My big boy in the baby swing.

That afternoon, we loved getting to see some of our extended family and having cake, ice cream, and presents!
Basketball cake, by request
Presents! Gray looks over his new books, with Joshua (gasp!) watching his every move.
Larry reads Dora to Gray...these two are always good buddies!
Lots of story time on the couch. We are definitely a family of bookworms!
Blowing out the candles...one child seems to have more wind than the other--or maybe it's the cheeks. Gray blew out Carly's candles first, then tackled his.
Julia finally let GrandGene hold her after a few days of "No!"
Now that's a cute boy!
Birthday people

Almost perfect day....I say almost because there was that moment that Gray declared he was going to the neighborhood park, my mom said not right then, he said he was going anyway, hopped on his motorcycle and zoomed down the hill before she could catch him. Think he made it all the way to the park alone and tried to run and play before my mom caught him and brought him home. Yep, that sweet boy I've been telling you about seems to be going through something like a rebellious teenager streak. When I asked him to help bring bags in the house today, he pointed at me with a big scowl on his face and shouted, "I TOLD you I was tired!" Uh, yikes. Time to nip this 'tude in the bud. How, I don't know, but I plan to give it my best shot and get my sweetie back!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

LOL on Gray...I know it's probly not funny to you but when you think about what a sweetie he is (or usually is) it cracks me up.
You got some good pics-love your comments as always..glad to got to catch up some but I don't feel like it was enough sister time :( And, of course, we needed Jeans w/ us!
I'm missing me some Julia already!

Jeannie said...

I thought I was your sweetie!!!

Looks like a fun trip all around. I already complemented Amanda on hers but both of those cakes are awesome! Is that a ribbon around yours? I saw this thing in Michaels called a cake tattoo that kind of looks like what you have around yours.

Also I think it's so funny that Julia told GrandGene no (no offense, Daddy!!).

Gene said...

No offense taken Jeannie. She did tell me know a few times, but she came right to me with those little arms out for me to pick her up when we were in the kitchen. The later outside she clung to me. We had a great time and wish y'all could have been here.

Gene said...

Oh, I'll bet you will find a way to nip Gray's tude in the bud. There is a reason that I call you the warden.

Cindy said...

Great pictures Holly. Looks like a great weekend with family.

Post a Comment