Saturday, November 6, 2010

Bonfire!


We enjoyed having the Reeves and Taylors over tonight for a bonfire! It was cold when the sun went down, but that made the fire so nice. The kids definitely had a great time, though it would have been great to have the Stewarts with us too. We just did hot dogs, a few non-cooked sides, and smores and it was very easy and fun. Definitely made us want to have people over more often. I don't know why we never do!
The tire swing was a big hit!
We used the truck bed for our food table and blankets for our tables. This was no fancy dinner:)
Sweet sisters! These girls are a lot of fun and seemed to really have fun with the Reeves girls too. I was happy that they hit it off so well. How could they not, though?
The smores were the favorite of everyone! We were all very sticky, dirty, and ashy so although the boys had a bath earlier in the day (their first all week--yikes!), we had another before bed.
Mrs Smore herself:) Thanks for bringing the goods, Stephanie!
After everyone left, we hung out by the fire with Pogo for awhile. Well, Gray lasted 5 minutes, then I put him to bed and came back out. Joshua stayed till almost 9. He was just loving it!
Couldn't get the full effect with our camera, but they really are sitting by a blazing fire, gazing at the night sky:)

4 comments:

Kim said...

OH it looks so fun! I hate we missed it. I'm glad ya'll had a great time though. The bonfire was an awesome idea and yesterday was the perfect weather for it. Makin memories!

Amanda said...

So glad you had fun w/ your friends...you have a great place for gathering, that's for sure!

Jeannie said...

Hostest with the mostest! Looks like fun!! I LOVE low key get togethers.. much more real-life. :) Go you

Gene said...

Looks like all had fun!

Post a Comment