Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Weekend

We definitely had an interesting weekend over Labor Day...nothing too crazy, but just different. Saturday we all went to a Durham park for the workout. The kids loved playing and lots of people came to participate in the workout, so it was good all around. Saturday night, Matt and I got to go to the NC State game (Thanks, Daddy) and it was a perfect night to spend outside watching our favorite team. Sunday we had Matt's sister's birthday party (and mine too, except I wasn't feeling well and had to stay home with Julia) and the boys had a blast having more cousin time. Monday, we went to a park in Hillsborough that we'd never gone too and the boys loved riding their motorcycles around the paved trails and especially on the bridges that went over a stream. Later on, we went to our pastor's house for a cookout, along with another family from church. The kids played well and the adult enjoyed talking and getting to know people better. We really need to have people over more often! I'm so bad about waiting to be invited but never wanting to initiate. And that was the weekend! Oh- and I ended up feeling better and got to have some birthday and open my gifts at home, all of which were great!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Glad you're feeling better now & got to have some fun this weekend! See you soon!

Jeannie said...

Made any moves on having people over more??

Post a Comment