Monday, September 13, 2010

Fort Mill Weekend

If you are one of the few people that reads this and isn't family, you may be wondering where I've been the last few days...the kids and I took a trip to FM for my grandmother's 80th bday party. We had a lot of fun and just got home today so I'm still in recovery mode...errands, clothes washing, cleaning, etc. Plus Julia's sleeping left a lot to be desired so I'm pretty tired.

Some of the highlights...sorry no pictures b/c Matt had the camera, but I'll link to Jeannie's blog when she posts some:

-Mama, Jeannie, and I had a fun time decorating mini-bday cakes for September bday people besides Grandmama

-the big party was a huge success; Grandmama got to do lots of walking down memory lane with a slideshow of her life and a trivia game; LOTS of family and friends filled her house and it was a little overwhelming for Julia (me too!), but good to see people...I just love being with our extended family; the boys had a great time with their cousins and my 8 year old cousin; Grandmama got a new kitten and Joshua was enamored...and allergic; Gray and Carly were big buddies and Carly announced that Gray was "in her heart"; Gray rode on the 4 wheeler a few times--Joshua refused; we ate a ton...like a constant stream of food entering our bodies from 3pm-8pm Yikes!

-the boys had a blast playing in the baby pools in the front yard on Sunday and got a special golf course tour on the golf cart with GrandGene on Friday

-Julia is saying her first word "Mama"--she says "Dada" too but don't think she knows what she's saying. It's fun to hear her call for me. She also stood alone for a few seconds. She crawled all over and loved seeing her cousin Sawyer and doggy friend Stuckey!

I'm sure there's something I'm missing but I'm a little fuzzy about it all right now. More later...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you all had a great time! What a wonderful party for your grandmother. Look forward to seeing pictures.

Jeannie said...

How did I miss... 1. Joshua's allergies towards Buckwheat? 2. Carly's sweet comment 3. Gray riding the 4 wheeler

I'll get on the pictures soon, though I dont have a lot.

Holly Crabtree said...

Answer to all 3...all of it transpired after you left.

Post a Comment