Monday, March 1, 2010

2 months!

Julia is 2 months old today...sort of. Since she was born on the 29th and there's not a February 29th, I guess today is the 2 month mark. So what's life like with Julia these days? It's going really well. She's such a sweetie. She still enjoys to be held and likes to nurse a lot (still won't take a paci), but isn't very fussy anymore. She smiles a lot these days, but seems to have kind of a quiet disposition...if you can tell at this stage of the game. She's eating an average of every 4 hours at night, so nothing to write home about...though I guess I am writing home about it:) Julia loves her brothers and is very attentive to them. They still love her too and it's really sweet to see the way they treat her.

One thing I haven't written about because I was holding off to see if it was too good to be true. She is not a spitter like her brothers! This was something I prayed about because with the boys, it was one of my least favorite parts of babyhood. They spit up a ton after every feeding and I had to keep a bib on them at all times. I often kept 2 bibs on at one time it was so bad. Besides the first week or 2 and during the sick week last week, Julia keeps everything down and it is wonderful! I'm really enjoying not having to clean spit up off the floors, take a bunch of extra outfits everywhere we go, and watch her spit up on whoever holds her and possibly the person beside that person too, in the boys' case. And it's really nice that sour milk is not our home fragrance this go 'round. So thank you Lord for that answered prayer!

Guess that's all to report about little Julia. I am so enjoying her and I'm so grateful to have her in our family!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

So good to hear things are going so well. We're grateful for Julia too. You & Matt have a very special family. We love them all!
Guess Jeannie is due any minute now. Hope all goes well for her.

Post a Comment