Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A boy's mind

Well it's definitely in full force now--the fascination with potty stuff. I guess for boys it starts at about 3 or 4 and ends...well, does it ever end?

Last night we read about Adam and Eve. The boys knew this story well, but for some reason, Joshua saw it in a different light. Matt had barely gotten through the first few sentences when he came to the part about them being naked. For the rest of the story and until I finally told him goodnight, Joshua asked probably 15 or 20 questions about how Adam and Even went potty. Matt would answer and try to get on with the story and Joshua would keep interrupting with such questions as, "How did they go poop?" and "Now that they left the garden, could they use real potties?" He even got into how they would wipe with leaves and how many leaves they would need! Not exactly what we have in mind for discussion when we read the Jesus Storybook, but I guess that's just boys for you.

1 comments:

Jeannie said...

I would have loved to have heard Matt's insight :)

Post a Comment