Just about a week before his 7th birthday, Joshua has finally lost his first tooth! It's been loose since kindergarten and its permanent replacement has long since been waiting to take over. Before school on Tuesday Joshua showed me how his tooth was turned sideways...or upsidedown or something and he couldn't get it into place. Then he came home proclaiming his news after school that day. He said he didn't tell his teacher, but he did tell a few friends.
I asked him if he knew what he was supposed to do with it.
Joshua: put it under my pillow
Me: and then who's going to come?
Joshua: I don't believe it!
He did eventually agree to give it a try and then Matt and I had a difference of opinion on how much money to give him. He said $5 and I was thinking a quarter. Ha. But we never made a decision because Joshua still has that stubborn tooth in his backpack!
You can tell from the closeup that he actually has 2 of his bottom permanent teeth in. Hoping this isn't a recipe for a mouthful of messed up teeth, but I guess you take what you get and you don't pitch a fit:)



2 comments:
Yay Joshua! And tell Matt that Mimi is known to give $ for teeth also so Joshua will really rack up if you guys give him $5!
Holly, should be Ok that he has the permanent teeth coming in behind the baby teeth. This happens a lot and the permanent teeth will usually move forward as the baby teeth come out. It usually just takes the baby teeth longer to come out b/c the permanent teeth are not pushing them out. Once the baby teeth get a little loose, just tell Joshua to wiggle them a lot. I am sure Joshua is very proud of that first missing tooth. If I was him I would be keeping it in my backpack too!!! :)
Post a Comment