Friday, December 30, 2011

The Princess turns two!

Yay! Balloons from Daddy. We started the day with breakfast, sitting on the froggy potty, and a few presents. We brought a bunch of Julia's toys downstairs for the party entertainment. I realized that our traditional team competitions or obstacle courses probably wouldn't work for our guest of honor, so the party was not really eventful! But all the other kids seemed to have fun playing together upstairs.
Sweet girl! She loved the pretty flowers on her balloon!
Julia playing with one of her gifts.
I made this baby doll cake with the help of Amanda and Abby. It was a pound cake with marshmallow fondant. I'm still not into making cakes as complicated as I did when the boys were babies, but thought that it would suit Julia to make a cake that looked like her favorite blanket, with her favorite kind of toy on top holding a blanket just like her "nightnight."
Aw! These two are so cute. They got matching shirts for Christmas (referring to State's football wins over the Hated Heels) and called each other before the party to plan their outfit! Okay, so they didn't plan it, but still were very cute.
Julia loved her cake and this was the only picture I got before she snagged the baby!
She liked eating her cake as well:)
I think all the kids except the big guy and the little princess made it into this picture. Quite a crew!
Our little sweetie got lots of princess attire for her birthday...clothes, shoes, jewelry, etc!
She obviously loves anything pink--like this stuffed seahorse and the gift bag it came in:)
Mimi redid this special chair...or should I say throne!
The princess found it very suitable for ruling her kingdom!
One last outfit she had to try on! Thanks everyone for coming to the party and for showering Julia with love and presents! Sure do love my sweet baby girl!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

so cute! great pictures!

Gene said...

Wonderful pictures and thanks for let us invade for a few days. We had a great time!

Post a Comment