We now have internet, phone, and for apparently (hopefully, better be true) only $10 more we have cable...something we haven't had in years. There's even a DVR and after the cable man's demonstration, I maybe even know what a DVR is. Not sure I'll ever use it, but hey- I feel very modern.
So I have some pictures from the last few weeks and I'll try to spread them out so you don't get too overwhelmed. First, you can get a load of our Christmas tree disaster!
It started out with a classic tree-hunting trip to a place dear to our hearts....Food Lion. Okay, not very Christmas-esque, but it did the job. The boys picked out a tree (Julia was in disagreement but the majority won) and Matt hastily put it up before heading to work.
I excitedly explained the principles of tree-decorating (like turning on Christmas music first!) and it was fun to have willing and Christmas-spirited helpers (no offense, Matt). Julia was fascinated with the lights and the boys loved the ornaments.
Joshua was very serious about getting them on and while I ducked in the kitchen to make supper, he went to work, even pulling out a stool to reach more places. I returned to find that he'd put all his ornaments in about a 6 inch radius of each other. But I tried not to go all Christina Christmas Tree** on him and let it be.
We got it mostly decorated and realized it was leaning quite a bit. Then we ate a quick supper and realized it was leaning more than quite a bit. A little time lapsed and Joshua announced from the other room that indeed the tree had fallen! Thankfully no little people were hurt!
So we rescrewed in the tree and then resorted to tying it to the window where it still leans a little, but is quite secure. And yes, I did get to rehang Joshua's concentration of ornaments and I think it turned out just fine, especially when you put a few cuties in front of it!
**This refers to a little gem of a home movie of Matt's family decorating a tree as kids, wherein Matt's sister (or Christina as she called herself) made Matt hang all his ornaments behind the tree:)

6 comments:
So I'm the only sister who didn't have a Christmas tree disaster? Not rubbing it in or anything :)
Good to see Julia smiling in these pics & glad you're baaaack!
Ours is tied to the window too!! :) Your tree looks awesome though. Kind of wish I would have done the ribbon hanging down instead of around. Soooo, the question on all of our minds, is Christina actually Kim or Stacy???
that would be Kim...I wish there was a way to take the VHS tape and put it on the internet...priceless video :)
Ha! Ha! Ha! You girls are soooooo funny! I'm sticking my tongue out at you :0) I've come a long way....I now have a fake tree, with colored lights, homemade kid ornaments front and center......you girls would be so proud of me :)
Love the pictures. We had a tree that fell one year. Tied it up to something using fishing line. You will use the DVR at some point. Do you get the Deuce? State plays the 'Cuse Saturday night. Would like to watch it.
Amazingly enough, I have not checked to see which sports channels we get, Daddy. I will get right on that;)
Post a Comment