Monday, April 4, 2011

Another day, another dollar

Actually, didn't personally make any dollars today, but you know what I mean. Same old, same old...except different. Now I'm starting to sound like Gray. I mean that our day was mixed up and crazy at times, but the unexpectedness is getting to be the norm.

We started off with a typical Monday, but then I had a dentist appointment and headed over to Walmart for groceries, when Matt called to say we were going to have a showing at 5:00. It was about 3:15 when he called and I wasn't finished shopping (and you know how long it can take just to get through the checkout at Walmart!) and we had to leave for soccer by 6:00, so Monday dinner is a little hectic as it is...yikes!!

So I rushed through the rest of my shopping, was spacing out in line when a friendly cashier walked over and asked if I was ready to check out. Okay, that's good...an empty line and she was fast too! Now rush out to the car and load up, debating whether to get back home via crowded, stop light filled downtown or the back way with road construction where I was delayed on my way to the dentist. I go for the back way and find a long line of cars ahead...that are moving through. Okay, that's good...I barely have to slow down this time. Get home and unload the groceries and proceed to run around the house with Matt for the next hour, trying to get everything straight and feed the kids a little food since it's about dinner time. We feel like everything is good to go and go on the porch to wait for our showing. We made it!

And we wait. And we wait. And we wait. For an hour! Get the boys ready for soccer and at 6:00, Matt loads them in the car when here come our showing people. So we decide I'll stay home with Julia and he'll go to practice with the boys.

And guess who our showing is? Again, not the young family I feel will be interested in our house, but an older white-headed guy alone. I ride Julia around in the wagon and they stay about 10 minutes, which is pretty remarkable considering how quick the other showings have been. They offer a thanks and a compliment to Matt's dad for building a nice house and they're gone. Haven't heard the feedback, but I'm not thinking this is the buyer. At least we're getting some traffic and we're getting better (I think) at preparing...as much as you can in these kinds of situations.

And did I mention that in the midst of all the getting ready for the showing, we realize Pogo has run away for the second time today and so we made several attempts to find him...with no luck.
But that is getting to be normal too. So it's been an unpredictable, sort of typical day, with a few unexpected blessings here and there. At the end of the day, I am trusting in God's love and care for us and trying to enjoy the present--strange days as they may be.

2 comments:

Gene said...

Sounds hectic. Did Pogo return. Such a good dog, but likes to roam.

Jeannie said...

That stressed me out. I am glad you're getting some interest though. That cant be a bad thing, the more ppl to see it, the better chance you have.

Thanks for making a blog list! I love to read find blogs that way :)

Post a Comment