Sunday, January 16, 2011

Road Trip!

Matt and I got up at 4:15 Saturday morning, dropped Julia off at his parents' house (where the boys were spending the night already) and headed down to Ocean Isle Beach for a meeting of NC/SC Crossfit affiliates. We got there in record time (and got home even faster) thanks to Matt's racecar driving skills, and stopped in a bagel shop before going over to the gym. I think there were about 14 affiliates represented, mostly in pairs, and we sat in a circle and talked and talked and talked. There were gyms of all shapes and sizes...one that was 2 weeks old with 6 clients and one that was several years old with I think 270 clients and 30 trainers! A lot of the affiliates were in coastal towns and I was really surprised at the ones that are in obscure places and doing just fine. Definitely made me think, with the size of Durham, that we have tons of room to grow. It was interesting to hear all the ideas of how people run their gyms and really neat to be reminded of the greater CrossFit community. Everyone is so supportive and ready to offer help and advice. It was good to get away with Matt for the day, but also good to be home right now with my sweeties! Happy rest of the weekend to you!

2 comments:

Gene said...

Sounds like y'all had a GT. (good trip) Bet you missed your sweeties!

Jeannie said...

Glad you were able to get some encouragement.. I'm sure that's refreshing & gives you both a boost! Hope you got some great ideas!

Post a Comment