It's the first workweek of the new year. We've done some hanging out and playing with the kids and now Matt's back at work and will start his regular schedule tomorrow. Besides having Matt around, the best thing about his altered schedule has been not making his breakfast/lunches to take with him! I don't know why, but it's a dreaded chore for me. Look out if my kids end up in public school, huh? 4 lunches to make every day instead of one! Anyway, some of the day today I have spent rearranging and adding in some nice hand-me-downs from Barnette and Cindy's old house (Thanks, B&C). Here are some pictures of the additions:

This is a little coat hook shelf thing that Matt got me for Christmas at my request. It's at the boys' height so they can hang up their own coats and get them down instead of depending on me or throwing them on the floor!

On the right is a cute little shelf that is white with some silver etching. I put up a couple of the fall leaf pictures I took of Julia since I would have to rearrange the ones of the boys in our room in order to fit her 4 on the wall. Figured in the "new house" I can find a space for all 3 sets.

Close up of the shelf and a lamp we were given to replace a broken one.

A touch of girliness to Julia's room! I'm not sure how I like keeping the green curtains in the middle because they are shorter than the pink, but I do like the color combination. Funny that the reason Cindy gave away these curtains was because they are too short for the window in their new house. Our windows are the same height as theirs:0) Obviously one of us has a little more decorating sense than the other, but who's comparing! I like them anyway.

We also gained a play kitchen from the move, which the kids have obviously enjoyed so far.

I got several paintings, but did not take pictures of them all. I really like the colors in this one...and the fact that it takes up space on what used to be a very blank wall.

I had all our hand me down clothes in these boxes, which are now piled on the other part of the closet, waiting for "the move". It's even more that it seems because a lot of them are inside each other. But....

Here and there I gathered some plastic boxes, the final ones being a Christmas gift from my parents, and look how neatly everything fits now! Looks soo much better. Ignore my claw looking hand. It was hard to get the whole shelf in the picture.

We added to our This End Up collection (all of which come from B&C), which we love because they are so durable and look fine even with scratches. This bookshelf is great for organizing our shoes and the room especially looks nice when it's warm and we don't have to put Pogo's crate in here. I also moved around some curtains from other parts of the house and took down the bright red ones, which makes the room look totally different.

More This End Up! Our office was transformed from a mismatched room with cheap, short random furniture pieces into a nice space that the kids use to do crafts, read, legos, games, etc.

Another view of the office with our second bookshelf.

More curtains! I love this red striped ones as opposed to the sage ones we previously had that blended into the wall too much. Got a couple of pillows, too, since they are a perfect match to our colors. Thanks for all the stuff, B&C!

Another view of the new curtains. Yep, they're too short also, but still like them! And you can barely see our hand me down rug. We like hardwood floors, but it's been nice to comfortably sit on the floor. Did I mention I love hand me downs?
2 comments:
Nice! :) You racked up, and hand-me-downs are the BEST!
Love all the additions! Hand me downs can be such a pick me up :)
Post a Comment