Monday, April 19, 2010

Weekend








It was a busy weekend but I think it was a pretty good one. It went by so fast I don't really know!

Friday night we had the World Relief get together, which was fun. There were tons of kids and they had a great time playing together. It was really nice for the adults to be able to talk to Cok Kaw and Pah Kue through the interpreter. We learned that they went to the refugee camp for safety reasons. Pah Kue's race (I guess that's what you call it) was being persecuted and their houses were being burnt down. Cok Kaw's father had been abused by soldiers and he felt he wasn't safe either. The couple met at the refugee camp and that's where their 4 kids were born. Life was very hard there, but Cok Kaw was working as a headmaster at an elementary school and was a geography teacher. Pah Kue was a midwife there at the camp. It's all very interesting and really good to be involved in helping them settle here.

Saturday morning we went to Joshua's soccer game. He resumed his shy/strange behavior for the first part, but ended up doing okay and even scored a goal. We did have to get him away from Katie a couple of times when he was supposed to be playing, but he did okay. Then the rest of the day was spent on the new gym stuff. We did a ton of work getting the new website ready and it ended up taking us till 11-something that night to get his domain switched from the google site to the iWeb site. It is finally up and working though (www.crossfitorange.com) and we're pretty pleased, though it's not a "professional" job of course. Matt also spent a good bit of time making boxes for jumping on in the gym. Barnette and Cindy's neighbor is a wonderful wood craftsman and had some great machines/tools to use for the job. At the end of the day, the boys, Matt and I took some time to paint, which was messy, but we needed to do something fun together after being busy all day.

Sunday we had church, did more website stuff, made a dessert, mowed the grass, and headed back to church where our pastor was being "installed." Think that about covers it.

Here's a link to soccer clips from Saturday, though I won't be offended if you're not interested in viewing! Krista, you should watch though, because I got Jack's awesome goal on camera. He was great!

3 comments:

Jeannie said...

First of all, when we were looking at the pictures, I said (to Hunter) what is Joshua holding? Hunter said, It's either a cookie or a cookie made out of dirt. hahaha. I looked closer and saw that it's a frog :) (right??)

Secondly, we died laughing during the video. Joshua's run is HILARIOUS. And, loved loved loved when he wouldnt run under the parents' arms. :) BUT, GO JOSHUA on the unintentional goal!! Whoo!

Holly Crabtree said...

Yes, Joshua found the frog in the sandbox and the boys played with it for hours. He told me he was looking in the sandbox and saw a rock and said, "I don't need this rock" and threw it out and it was the frog!

Gene said...

Great pictures as always. Love Joshua and Pogo.

Post a Comment