Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Accidental Cry it Out method

So last night I thought things were going really well with Julia. We had gotten in a little later so she went to bed about 8:45 and then 4 hours later, I woke and was surprised she still hadn't gotten up. Same thing 5 hours later. Then at 2:30 I thought we were having an amazing night, but I needed to go check on Gray (we started doing the no diaper at night, take him to the potty thing like we had done with Joshua) so I walked to the steps and heard...Julia screaming. I went back and looked at the monitor. It was on but not registering anything. Oh man. I ran upstairs and poor little Julia had been crying quite awhile I could tell. She had done a 180 on her back and kicked her long socks and leg warmers totally off. I felt so bad. I fed her and was tempted to hold her all night long. I know, I know. She survived and it was no big deal...only 6 hours in between feedings, which she has done before. But what can I say? She's definitely got me wrapped around her sweet little finger. Anyway, I put her back down and went to deal with a soaking wet Gray (who was sucking his thumb, by the way....guess he likes the taste of the "Thum" stuff. what's a little acetone and cayenne extract when you like your peas straight out of the toilet?) and then tried to test out the monitor. It still wasn't working so I went and slept in the guest bed by Julia, who slept the rest of the night through.

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

Funny that you just wrote this post b/c I just wrote you an email about WHAT TO DO with crying babies. ;)

Gray continually cracks me up. He just goes after what he wants.

Amanda said...

Awww, poor Julia-I would have wanted to sleep w/ her too after that :)

Post a Comment