Sunday, August 16, 2009

We Made It

Well it has been a rough past few days, but looks like the worst is over. Gray finally slept well last night and I think when he gets up today, he'll be a lot better. When we have used the steroid medicine in the past for croup, we have to listen to our child struggle to breathe, looking scared and so uncomfortable, for 30 or 45 minutes til the medicine kicks in and then it's all over. This time, we decided we needed to try to get through it without putting such strong medicine in his body and so it took a few days and nights of Gray being uncomfortable to get through it. It hasn't been easy holding him all day, worrying about him not breathing, staying up with him at night, trying to sleep beside him when he slept (but sounded like a foghorn in my ear)...but it was worth it. One of the disturbing things about the steroid medicine is that for the few days after we give it, the boys get really irritable, aggressive, and just generally difficult until the stuff gets out of their systems. Now we may still get that behavior from Gray, but at least we'll know it's the real Gray and not some medicine causing it!

Anyway, thanks for your prayers for us. I was surprised that for the most part, my energy seemed to be multiplied, as 30 minutes here and there would get me through the days easier than I imagined. Well, hope we all have a good and uneventful week. Matt and I have our 6th anniversary today, though I don't know if we'll celebrate quite yet, depending on how Gray is today. I was explaining about marriage and how Matt and I met to Joshua this morning and he asked me all kinds of interesting things like, "Are you going to get married again?" and "Did you know Daddy when you married him?" Thought provoking! Have a great Sunday!

2 comments:

Gene said...

Wonderful news about LG and Happy Anniversary!

Jeannie said...

haha I love this stage of Joshua.. hope you're recording all of his deep thinking

Post a Comment