Thursday, August 20, 2009

Kinda Neat

So Joshua tells me almost every day about something he wants for his birthday. Lately, though, he's stuck on Molly--a yellow Thomas the Train train. I don't know why, as I don't remember seeing her in a book or movie, but that is what Joshua wants. Last summer I bought a bunch of trains from Craig's list for 50%-75% off what they'd be brand new. I've used them for the boys for new plane ride toys, birthdays, Christmas, Valentine's, etc and it's been great to have a little "store" in the closet. It had been awhile since I had looked at them, but I knew I had about 3 trains left and so I took them out yesterday and found that (woohoo) one that I have is Molly. It's the little things that make my day!

Just to update, Gray is still coughing some, but mostly normal. I've heard of 2 other croup cases in 2 year olds at our church lately, so guess he's not so abnormal for getting it in the summer. So far Joshua is fine, which has always been the case with croup...for some reason only one of them gets it at a time! Things are pretty routine around here this week. For the last 4 days, I've been pulling up weeds around the house so I can put down new pine straw and I finally finished this morning! I'm looking forward to a meeting with friends tonight to discuss some small group stuff and then a breakfast Saturday with the women in small group. I'm also excited that I was able to start a small group of ladies with kids Joshua's age to get together to play during the school year. I'm hoping this will be a good opportunity to turn some of our acquaintances here into friends! Matt has had a full group to work out this week and I think he's enjoying it. We're now up to 8 members, plus me and Matt, so it's been nice to feel like the gym is viable. I had decided not to do anything for preschool for Joshua on a regular basis, but he's been so interested that I've established a 10-15 minute "school time" for most days. We are doing an activity sheet that I make on some days and reading very beginner books on other days. It's very quick, but seems to be fun for him, so as long as that's the case, I'll continue. Well that's about it for us here! More later....

1 comments:

Gene said...

The H-E,

That was a neat story about Molly. Glad that all are well, or almost well. See you soon!

Post a Comment