Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Hasty Exit

Well we arrived in FM on Tuesday afternoon and had a pretty low key day catching up with Mimi and GrandGene. Wednesday we enjoyed a morning at Amanda's house with lots of kiddos and last night I was able to go out to eat with an old friend. We had plans today to go to Edgemoor, ride around the golf course, and play with the Leighton kids, but Gray woke up with a little bit of a fever and soon we realized he was also hoarse---often a sign that he will wake up that night with croup. (Which is really ironic since I have been thinking, talking, and researching about croup the past few days, as fall and the virus season are approaching.)

Sooo, I made a quick decision to go ahead and get back home in case I am due to be up a lot tonight with Gray, which would not make for an easy drive home tomorrow. We were sad to miss more time with family, but I'm actually just thinking about how this could have happened at the beach, which makes me thankful that (aside from Jackson's cold and Amanda's sore throat) we didn't have any big epidemics with all of us in one house like that....Christmas 2007 anyone??

So anyway, we'll be back in town Halloween weekend and for Thanksgiving, so we'll try to be less sick and more available then!

0 comments:

Post a Comment