Sunday, May 13, 2012

My Mama

 Woke up this morning with my Mama on my mind.  Wish we could be together today, but sending you lots of love from Durham!!
I have so much to be thankful for in my mom.  She has loved me so much and supported me so well...for 30 years!  Now that's a lot of loving:)  She has known me in a way no one else does. She has made sacrifices I don't even know about in order to care for me.  Even when I was ungrateful.  Even when I didn't even notice.  Even when it took 20 years for me to say thanks.
 She has loved my children like crazy and boy do they adore her.  I am like chopped liver when she's around:)  I don't mind.  It's precious to see their special connection.
And even though we keep having more and more babies, she is there to love each one and do special things with and for each one.  That love doesn't run out!
 There's just something about that Mimi that we can't get enough of!
So, though words are seriously lacking to give thanks for a lifetime of mothering, thank you, Mama, for all you have been to me, are to me now, and will always be.  I love you!

3 comments:

Gene said...

Nice tribute to your wonderful Mother. Pretty good wife too. Actually better than pretty good.

Marilyn said...

Brings a tear to my eye. Pretty sweet stuff there, Holly. :) Happy Mother's Day to all the Roper girls!

Cindy said...

Beautiful tribute to your beautiful mom!

Post a Comment