Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Field Trip!

On Monday, Gray and I were able to go to a local museum with Joshua's class (and the rest of Hillandale kindergarten...and a few other schools!).  I was a little tense at first, given that it was so crowded and the teachers just gave me two of Joshua's classmates and said go have fun for a few hours.  Our first stop was the playground and I just prayed the whole time I wouldn't lose these kids!

 Then we headed over to my boys' favorite part--the sailboats.  And I soon figured out the kids Joshua picked to be in his group weren't going to be any trouble.
He picked his best friend Eddie, who is super sweet, obedient, and doesn't talk.  Would love to be able to get to know him better and am praying I'm able to get in contact with his mom soon and have him over.  I was also pretty floored to find out last night from Joshua that he asked Eddie if he knows Jesus.  Wow.  I didn't think he would feel comfortable going there.  I think he really feels like the big brother with Eddie, (even if he is the shorter one!) and that makes him feel a little braver.  Really hope we can keep up the connection with this guy.
 Joshua's second pick was the adorable little girl on the right.  She also doesn't hardly talk because she's just learning English.  Joshua's favorite little girl friend wasn't able to come on the field trip, but she also speaks little English...anyone seeing a pattern here?
 After the boats, we saw animals--lemurs, wolves, bears...
 Met up with some other friends at the wetlands area and these boys were on a super serious mission to make a dam with the rocks and sand.
 We ended the morning with a walk down the dinosaur trail, where the boys were obsessed with picking and eating honeysuckle (and again, I was a little nervous, not sure if they were allowed to do that) and had a dinosaur dig.  Then we had a quick trip to the indoor areas and it was time to go.  Fun time for all!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow, that's a cool field trip! Good job keeping up w/ everyone :)
That's so funny that Joshua befriends the ones who don't speak much English...and awesome that he talked to his friend about Jesus! Hope he keeps it up!

Gene said...

Looks like a lot of fun and a very nice museum.

Kim said...

Sounds fun! I know you are proud of Joshua! I am too!

Post a Comment