Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Painting again!








I have had the itch to paint for awhile now (shout out to one of my best friends from high school and fellow painter, Emily, who inspired me when I saw the paintings she did for her daughters wall) and something finally made me get going last week! As of tonight, I have finished two paintings for Julia's room and drawn one for each of the boys.

I have enjoyed it even more than I thought, with the down side of course being finding time without neglecting what I need to be doing. But it only took a couple of days to paint these, once I drew out the idea, and it really has been fun! I was also inspired by a variety of other things, like ideas online, a friend's house that is full of scripture artwork, my mom's recent paintings, a pretty diaper cover, a bag, a card, etc. Can't wait to put these on Julia's new wall!


8 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow, that's amazing! You gonna do something for my new baby's room too? ;)

Kim said...

So cute!

Marilyn said...

Gorgeous!! The Roper family has been blessed with great artistic genes. :)

Jeannie said...

Holly Roper! I love it! Now I'm intimidated to paint Maddox's...

Gene said...

Those are really good the H-E. Want to paint my new baby's room?

Gene said...

Oh, and Jeannie that would be Holly Roper Crabtree! Did you forget that she is married?

Brooke said...

love!!

Gene said...

This is your mother speaking....FABULOUS! You should go into business in your "spare time"!

Post a Comment