Sunday, May 15, 2011

Catching Up


I loved making the diaper cakes and these rattle cupcakes my friend made were so cute!


It's been an eventful weekend!

Saturday bright and early I took my place as head coach of the Golden Dragons soccer team, filling in for Matt and our backup coaches who were all out. Try to contain your laughter. I know I don't know the least thing about soccer, but there were only 5 kids and I think I did alright:) I would like to thank the inventors of crackers, without which this endeavor would have never been possible!! (in other words, keeping a steady stream of snacks coming Julia's way was the only way I could keep her happy and do my job!)

The triumph of the game, which I must mention was against a very sweet team of unaggressive kids, was Gray getting the first goal of the game!! He was mostly just in the right place at the right time, but oh how proud I was! Then Joshua proceeded to get more goals than I could count and he and Gray kind of got a goal together, which Gray was very pleased about. It was a great game for us.

Then later in the afternoon, I had the privilege of helping a friend host a baby shower for two lovely ladies at church. They both have boys already and are going to welcome their first girls into the family, so my friend and I felt especially like celebrating since we know how fun it is to have boys first and then a girl. It was a laid-back, fun time and I pigged out and relaxed.

Then it was time to get down to business because today we had two showings! One was the one I mentioned--the return visit by the people that liked our house so much before. They still did like our house and actually made a verbal contingent offer! They expect to be able to sell their house to friends who are ready to move any time, so we'll see if this plays out the way they are hoping.

The next showing we just found out about this morning and they also really liked the house and stayed a really long time, giving very positive feedback. They may be getting back to us in a couple of days and it sounds like they could also want to make an offer.

We are thankful for all of this great news and just trying to be patient as everything unfolds, trusting in the Lord's power, goodness, and love for us....no matter how it turns out, which is hard!! I'll keep you posted:)

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow-that's exciting! Great job on the diaper cake & cute cupcakes!
So glad everything went well w/ your 1st game as coach :)

Gene said...

So now you've gone from warden to Coach H-E. I would have loved to have seen you in action! Tell the boys good job and I hope everything works out well with the viewings.

Cindy said...

Beautiful diaper cake & cupcakes! Congratulations on your dormant soccer coaching skills! Great job Joshua & Gray! Wish I had seen you in action! And hopefully soon you will have a contract!

Jeannie said...

Hilarious that you were coach!! I'm so proud!! Did you teach them pirouettes in between goals? Very impressed with Gray & Joshua as well. I'm curious: were you running around with Julia in a carrier or hanging by the sidelines? I'm gonna need some more details.

Hope hope hope someone makes a generous deal on your home & you're able to accept!! Such exciting news.

Cute diaper cake! Not as cute as the one you made for me :) Those cupcakes look yummy.

Kim said...

LOVE the cupcakes! ADORABLE!!!

Post a Comment