Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Fort Mill Getaway

The kids and I missed our scheduled October trip to Fort Mill while I was sick, so we headed down this past weekend.  We got to see the Moores and get in plenty of family time.  The kids were a bit cranky...I'm recalling a trip to the park in which Gray cried about 5 times and Julia spent almost the entire visit sitting in wood chips in tears.  Fun times.

And there was a bit of sibling and cousin rivalry.  Sawyer looovvvved the boys and wanted to do everything they did ("Joshua, wheh are you?  Wait foh me!")  He also had a bit of fun with his over sensitive girl cousin ("You ah Baby Maddox!"  "No I'm not!!!" and so on)  They did this argument routine where he called her a different name and she burst into dramatic tears and he very cutely said, "I sorry foh calling you names Julia!" and gave her a hug while she stared him down and did not accept his apology:)

Anyway, nothing too eventful on this trip, but always nice to be with family and have a change of pace.  Thanks for putting up with us, everyone down in FM!

Visiting the Leightons, hanging out in the back yard







My kids all take a turn holding Baby Maddox



Just 3 kids enjoying the swings

Visit from Grandmama

GrandGene always up for photo shoot with a grandkid

Oh this makes me laugh.  Good aunt Jeannie promised to carve a princess into a pumpkin.  We got a huge kick out of Ariel's droopy left eye, but she really did turn out well overall.

Sawyer's fashion statement:  Batman shirt (must be tucked into underwear) and Mimi's heels.

Tea parties were a hit this trip with the little princess and the boys too.  Could it have been the snacks?


And just for kicks, one more shot of Sawyer:)

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Haaaa! Holly, your blogs are always so entertaining. ;) I especially loved GrandGene on the swing...and, of course, Sawyer in Mimi's heels!!

Gene said...

We enjoyed having everyone here. Lots of fun!

Post a Comment