Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Rain Rain Go Away!

Well we woke this morning, ready to face another full beach day.  We ate breakfast, packed food, put on bathing suits, got lots of sunscreen on, headed to the car, and....stepped out into the rain.  Oh boy, this day isn't going to be what we hoped.

We drove down to the beach a little dejected, knowing the forecast for the whole day was rain, but a little hopeful it would pass.  We ended up deciding to go out on the beach in the rain (and cold) anyway, so to the sand we went.  The kids were just fine getting rained on and playing and then thankfully the rain went away for quite awhile.  We didn't bring anything but umbrellas so I have no pictures, but it was a fun morning, aside from the little miss pitching a fit because I wasn't jumping her right in the waves.  It was low tide and we were down by the water, but she cried her way all the way up to where you first step out onto the sand.  People passing by were looking at her and wondering where in the world were her parents I'm sure:)  She got over it with a little Daddy comfort and the rest of the morning went well.  We tried out another pool and headed home for lunch and naps.

After naps, we went over to Barefoot landing and had a good time browsing shops, eating out, seeing real tigers, going down a big slide(Joshua), riding the carousel (Gray), watching turtles swim in the water, and checking out all the other babies (Julia).  I must admit our challenge to not spend money on treats made it hard for me to go along with this touristy, pricey outing.  But I know that I need to let go of control of some things and hey--we started a few days before June anyway.







Julia loved walking around Barefoot, especially going over the big bridge.  She galloped, sang, and waved her arms the whole way.  Then she had to take a break for a good ol night night sniff.  This is classic Julia in her comfort zone.  Notice the careful 'v' positioning of her first two fingers so her night night securely covers her nose:)

Other Julia-isms lately:  She calls our "villa" here our "place house".  She calls her brothers "You cupcake!".  She does not like "sun scweam".  She loves sleeping in her playpen..think it has something to do with the big fluffy pillow I put in there from the bed in her room:)  She has a runny nose and follows this protocol when it's dripping:  Step 1- Shout for everyone to hear, "My nosey's coming out!", Step 2- "I need a kleenex" as she's already in the process of grabbing my shirt, bathing suit, whatever I'm wearing to wipe her nose on.  Lovely.  And as you saw in the last post, when we've been anywhere outside, she has to pee often and so she just takes a wide stance and yells, "I'm going pee pee!" so all the strangers around are sure to notice her polluting the sand/pool.  On that note, I'll end this update.

3 comments:

Gene said...

Glad you're having some fun at the beach. You are having fun, right?

Gene said...

Glad you're having some fun at the beach. You are having fun, right?

Jeannie said...

I love how Julia is wrapping Matt around her finger. After all, she is the baby and the only girl... it's only right that she lives that way :) That and her digging stance... awesome. And, love the commentary on the boys in the ocean/pool. They're the perfect age for a fun beach trip! Hope you guys have (had) a safe trip home! PS, love your curly hair... M & I were just talking about how you & Amanda can "go curly" & it looks so cute!

Post a Comment