Thursday, October 7, 2010

Sorry my posts

...have been so few and far between. Matt's been coming home less during the day and taking the computer more, so I've just had a few minutes here and there to check email. The new thing this week is that he's figured out we can save $$ by him driving our car instead of truck and only making one trip to work instead of coming home once or twice in between. To make his time at the gym productive (hopefully!) he has added hours so he's open all morning and some afternoons. So now he'll be gone all day (14 hours) twice a week and the other days he'll get off after lunch. Hopefully this arrangement will work well and we're definitely hoping there are some people out there that prefer the new hours that will want to join the gym! Still praying for a good many more members and to be able to move. It would definitely be such a blessing to be able to live just a couple of minutes from Matt so there wouldn't have to be days that the kids don't see him, but the three afternoons a week will really be nice.

So what else's in been going on? Not a whole lot. We've been doing our preschool some this week. i just go down the nonfiction kids' aisle at the library and pick something to read about. Today we were reading about marsupials and there was this really gross picture of a tasmanian devil eating the guts of a kangaroo. Exciting stuff! Joshua just soaks up everything we read about and it's fun to teach him. Gray said he wanted to try to read and I did do the first book of the series I used with Joshua with him, but I just don't think he's there yet. He's the same age as Joshua was, but he's very different!

We had a little scare with Gray this morning. Joshua came and woke this me up this morning saying Gray was crying about his ear hurting. He was laying on his ear and I could hardly get him to move. He finally showed me that it was the bone behind his ear that hurt. I knew I'd heard about that being something serious so I called Matt to see if he could look it up on the computer, but he would have to leave work to go somewhere that has internet and he couldn't leave the gym. Amanda to the rescue! I called her, thinking her kids or her had had ear infections (but I think it's Kim) and she hadn't, but did look it up and said it could be a serious infection. So I called the nurse and got an appointment. Went and checked on Gray and he now would still not move but said it was the top of his head. He was crying and saying he wanted to the doctor to come to our house because he couldn't sit up. I went to put Julia down for a nap and in the process of that, he changed clothes and went potty. I found him in the bathroom standing with his head held back and he said that nothing hurt unless he held his head like that but then he put it normal and said it still didn't hurt unless he walked, but then he walked and said it didn't hurt. I was still a little worried until he went right downstairs and put on a football helmet and started running around with Joshua. I cancelled the appointment, calmed down, and Gray was fine the rest of the day. I think he must have just slept funny on his ear or something.

I just finished reading a book called "The Match" about a family who had another child so he could be a bone marrow donor for his sister, who had a type of anemia that made it necessary to get blood transfusions every 3 or 4 weeks or she'd die. It was very thorough with lots of research and lots of interesting ethical dilemmas to think about.

Julia is getting more teeth and she's getting a lot more sturdy standing alone. She sounds like she's talking all the time, but I can't figure out what she's trying to say. She LOVES Pogo and definitely says doggy. She also very clearly waved and said bye bye yesterday.

Joshua is so excited to be almost 5. He keeps saying things like, "Mommy, this is my last time wearing these pjs because when I'm 5 they won't fit." Or when I told him that Matt weighed almost 5 times as much as him, he asked, "How much more will he weigh than me when I'm five?"

Gray has been cracking me up with his misunderstandings. He was listening to a cowboy song the other day that says, "Across the wide prairies, beneath the blue skies" and I overhead him tell Joshua, "He said, 'I crossed the library.' He did." He also told me today, "Mommy, Nanny and Pa, they have this place you can go to read stories. It's called....Book Story Island. It is."

The boys are super excited about their Halloween costumes this year. The last 2 years they have been a lion and a puppy dog and initially they wanted to continue the tradition, not really knowing that kids usually pick something different each year, but since Gray's costume was from when he was 1 1/2 years old, he sadly could not be a dog. I found some cheap costumes on amazon instead, so we will be getting a box with a Batman, Robin (or Robber as Gray says) and Superman. The boys know very little about superheroes (they've never even seen a cartoon of any), but they think they are super cool anyway and they have been pretending to be Batman and Superman ever since I told them about their costumes.

We're looking forward to seeing my side of the family for a few days next week! Jeannie and Sawyer will be traveling from WV to spend a week with my parents and then a few days here too. Can't wait and really hoping we don't get anyone sick this time! That time of year is here and I'm just hoping that we don't have croup trouble with Julia the way we have with the boys. Well that's about all our news. Hopefully my next post will be sooner rather than later!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great to read your post Holly. Have missed it. Hope Gray is A-okay. Enjoyed seeing them for a bit on Wednesday afternoon. Am praying for the gym & the sale of your house. The boys ran out to story book island on Wednesday & I told them we could read a storybook there. Amazing what they remember. They're little sponges!

Jeannie said...

So glad Gray is better now! That sounded scary. Awesome that you figured out another way to save some money & rearranged the gym hours. Hoping you get some more members! Cant wait to see all of you & celebrate Joshua's FIFTH birthday!! Tell him that I remember when he was a little baby & that he was (I think) the first baby that Hunter ever held. I remember him holding him, rocking him in Daddy's chair here. Tear.

Post a Comment